Morning guys! Yesterday was to be a good day. It was a day for marker work, which always makes me happy. Then, something happened... my base color for the fur was too dark! Instead of a nice golden color, I ended up with a slightly more brown shade.
Unfortunately, when working with markers there's nothing for it but to keep going and see what happens. Sometimes you can change a light color by putting a darker one over it - though Copics seem semi-transparent, which means the under-color will affect the layer on top. But, making a darker color lighter... I haven't figured out if that's possible yet.
So, I went ahead with the shading of her body just to see if I could make any changes to the color. But, still a little too dark.
So, I contacted Bryan to get his opinion as well as to apologize and offer to redraw the image. He's since given me the green light to continue with the current version. Thanks Bryan! So, 'Dancing in Back Bay' will be completed by this evening.
I do still have to add bits of colored pencil for the highlights. Maybe some tricks with my Prismacolors will help tone the chocolaty color down a bit. Such as adding some creams and softening them with the blending stump. I'll have to see.
Well, time to get my day started. Later!
"Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake."
-- Robert Half